The aim of the Excellence Award is to build a community of the brightest young researchers in the area of global economic affairs. These researchers are to be given intellectual, financial, and administrative support – based on the Kiel Institute’s generous resources – to pursue focused programs of research in designated areas. Economists until the age of 35 are invited to apply for this award by submitting up to three published or unpublished papers in the area of global economic affairs. Members of the jury, associated with the Kiel Institute, will select the prize winners. The prize winners will be granted the “Excellence Award in Global Economic Affairs” at a ceremony at the Kiel Institute.
Young Economists are invited to apply for this award by submitting up to three published or unpublished papers in the field of global economic affairs, and specifically pertaining to the following areas:
- International Trade and FDI
- Knowledge Creation and Growth
- Poverty Reduction, Equity and Development
- Environmental Policy
- Labour Market Policy
- Monetary Policy
- Global Macroeconomics and Global Governance
- Behavioural Economics
- "Horst Siebert Fellowship"
- "Porsche Fellowship"
- "Landeshauptstadt Kiel Fellowship"
- “Theodor Wille and Heinrich-Diederichsen Fellowship for Studies on Fairness in International Trade”
The prize winners will receive a Research Fellowship at the Kiel Institute, entitling them to:
- participation in the Institute’s research events (workshops, seminars, roundtables).
- access to the Institute’s Virtual Research Communities,
- unlimited access to the ZBW (the largest economics library in the world),
- research interaction with the Kiel Institute’s researchers and visiting professors and fellows,
- research support and superb research facilities,
- a research visit to the Institute, all expenses paid.