The Society for the Advancement of the Kiel Institute for the World Economy is an independent and non-profit association, set up to support the Kiel Institute in its mission. Members of the Society are individual persons, companies and federations willing to support the Kiel Institute as an internationally important economic research institute and as a think tank for global economic questions.
As further goals, the Society encourages close contacts between its members and the Kiel Institute researchers to strengthen the co-operation between business and scientific communities and facilitates new business connections among its members.
We use the donations and membership fees to support projects of various research centers as well as activities for which no government funding is available.
- Stefan Dräger
- John Feldmann
- Otmar Franz
- Thorsten Grenz (President)
- Jörg Menno Harms
- Jost de Jager
- Steffen Naumann
- Wolfgang Ratheiser
- Melanie Vogelbach
- Angelika Volquartz
- Peter Westerheide
- Erk Westermann-Lammers
Name mention here only for personal memberships.
- Cordelia Andreßen
- Rüdiger Andreßen
- The Bank of Japan
- The Bank of Korea
- BASF SE
- Bundesverband deutscher Banken e.V.
- b + m Holding GmbH
- Commerzbank AG
- Credion AG
- DAL Deutsche Afrika-Linien GmbH & Co. KG
- Deutsche Bank AG
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Deutscher Sparkassen- und Giroverband e.V.
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Evonik Industries AG
- Förde Sparkasse
- Hamburg Commercial Bank AG
- Jörg Menno Harms
- HELABA Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen
- HSBC Trinkaus & Burkhardt GmbH
- IfK - Institut für Kapitalmarkt Investment GmbH
- Industrie und Handelskammer zu Kiel
- Industrie und Handelskammer zu Lübeck
- Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft Köln e.V.
- Investitionsbank Schleswig-Holstein
- Jebsen & Co. Ltd.
- Jones Lang LaSalle SE
- KfW Bankengruppe
- Kimbria Gesellschaft für Unternehmensbeteiligung und Beratung mbH
- Eckart Kottkamp
- Landbrug & Fødevarer (DK)
- Landeshauptstadt Kiel
- Simone Menne
- Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG
- Steffen Naumann
- Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale
- Oesterreichische Nationalbank AG
- Otto GmbH & Co. KG
- PES Stiftung
- Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche Aktiengesellschaft
- Tobias Raymond
- Sartori & Berger
- Sauer Holding GmbH
- Sauer & Sohn Maschinenbau GmbH
- Siemens AG
- Silverbergh Partners GmbH
- Strategie und Wert Beratungs- und Beteiligungs-GmbH
- Thyssen Krupp AG
- UniCredit Bank AG
- Unternehmensverband Kiel e.V.
- Verband der Chemischen Industrie e.V.
- Verband Deutscher Maschinen und Anlagenbau e.V. (VDMA)
- Vereinigung der Unternehmensverbände in Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein e.V.
This is promoted (Selection):
Young researchers receive financial support to enable them to attend conferences - possibly with childcare - and international research stays, and to participate in mentoring programs.
The Bernhard-Harms-Prize, named after the founder of the Kiel Institute, is awarded every two years to a personality who has distinguished himself or herself through special achievements in the field of global economic research or who has made an outstanding contribution to the promotion of global economic relations through his or her activities in economic practice.
Exceptional performance in the areas of publications and outreach, among others, is rewarded: that is why there are sponsorship awards for Kiel Institute.
As a member you will participate in an exclusive circle of renowned personalities and prestigious companies that will be networking with each other and with the Kiel Institute. Our goals are highly relevant, both scientifically and with respect to economic policy. I am looking forward to new members embracing these goals!
Your benefits as a member of the Society
The Kiel Institute is well connected internationally: Nobel laureates and government officials tend to meet at the Kiel Institute’s events.
You will gain access to the Kiel Institute’s events while benefitting from special conditions.
Networking with renowned researchers and early information on global economic issues will give you an edge in knowledge
The Kiel Institute enjoys worldwide an excellent reputation. As a sponsor of the Kiel Institute you will benefit from this reputation.
Individuals, commercial companies as well as trade associations can become members. In case you want do not want to become a member but would like to support the society nevertheless, one-off donations are very welcome. With respect to current tax regulations, the society is recognized as a non-profit, charitable organization. Hence, donations and contributions are tax deductible.
By means of your membership or one-off donations you will
- become involved with the development of path-breaking solutions to international economic challenges
- support the shaping of publicopinion on global economic issues
- promote education and training of young researchers