Main research interests
- Sustainable structural change in a globalized world
- Environmental innovation and firm’s Global Value Chain integration
- Corporate Social Responsibility along Global Value Chains
- ICT Adoption in rural developing countries - The role of social capital
- Aid allocation of new donors
Finn Ole Semrau is doctoral researcher at the IfW and affiliated with the Kiel Centre for Globalization. His current research focuses on sustainable structural change in a globalized world.
Additionally, Finn Ole Semrau gains professional experience as expert for monitoring and evaluation within the scope of the international development cooperation. He has been commissioned by Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenenarbeit (GIZ), GFA Consulting and New Link Mozambique. Since 2020 he supports the Mercator Dialogue on Asylum and Migration (MEDAM), especially with the implementation of a planned field surveys in Uganda and Senegal.
During his professional career he has been working in Ireland, Mozambique, Brazil and Kenya.