On 28 and 29 May 2018, the second Global Solutions Summit will gather policy thinkers and policy leaders from academia, politics, business and civil society in Berlin to address the most urgent global problems. The summit comes midway into Argentina's G20 Presidency and aims to provide policy recommendations on major G20 issues.
The high-level speakers include German Chancellor Angela Merkel, German Federal Ministers Heiko Maas, Olaf Scholz and Svenja Schulze, and other high-ranking representatives of G20 governments, as well as UN Special Advisor Jeffrey Sachs, Nobel Laureates George Akerlof and Edmund Phelps, and leading officials from organizations such as the OECD, United Nations, WTO, and the World Bank.
The Global Solutions Summit is an Associated Event of the Argentinian G20 Presidency. The summit will address major G20 topics including the future of work, infrastructure for sustainable development, migration, climate change, food security and international economic governance.
The annual Global Solutions Summit is held by the Global Solutions Initiative, a global think tank network which aims at contributing to greater continuity and impact within G20 policy arenas. The initiative is chaired by Prof Dennis J. Snower, President of the Kiel Institute for the World Economy and Co-Chair of the German G20 Think Tank Dialogue 2017.
Please state your full name, media outlet, function, e-mail, phone number, as well as date, place and country of birth. A copy of a national ID card or passport and a valid press card need to be attached.
Deadline for accreditation requests is Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
We kindly ask you to pay attention to the following information and guidelines.
Important information for the media
- Venue of the summit is ESMT Berlin, Schlossplatz 1, 10178 Berlin.
- Upon successful accreditation, you will receive a confirmation and ticket. Please present your ticket at the press counter, which will be located close to the main entrance. Due to strict security requirements, please bring your ID with you.
- Due to heightened security standards, we advise you to not bring any luggage, backpacks or larger items to the summit. Technical media equipment (e.g. cameras) will be checked on-site.
- Please note that capacities in the main conference room (Audimax) are severely limited. There will be an additional room for journalists with a live broadcast from the Audimax. A limited amount of media working desks are also available in a separate office.
- TV camera pool: Please note that during the speech slots of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and the German Federal Ministers, there will be a TV camera pool in the Audimax due to capacity reasons. The broadcasting stations in charge of TV pooling will be announced in due time.
- Conference language is English. The speeches of Chancellor Merkel and German Federal Ministers will be given in German and translated into English.
- For planning purposes, a preliminary summit programme can be found here:
https://www.global-solutions.international/programme-2018. A detailed schedule with time slots will be released shortly.
- Please note that by attending the conference, our terms and conditions do apply: