The department “International Finance and Global Governance” at the Kiel Institute for the World Economy is looking for an
for our project ”The history of sovereign bonds and returns.” The student would actively participate in an ambitious and international empirical research project on the performance of government debt in international capital markets over the past 200 years.The group holds close contact with its research network of coauthors such as Carmen Reinhart (Harvard) and Moritz Schularick (Bonn).
What we offer:
- Profound knowledge of data management (in particular cleaning and merging processes) using Stata
- An international work environment surrounded by other motivated RAs and interns
- A deep insight into empirical economic research
- Attendance of Kiel Institute seminars that focus on various topics regarding the dynamic challenges of the global economy
What we expect:
Prof. Christoph Trebesch’s team is looking for a Bachelor (final year) or Master student who
- possesses a strong GPA,
- has strong Stata skills OR expertise in a related software such as R or Python and is willing to learn Stata
- is interested in perfecting his/her skills in data management using Stata
- has an interest in the fields of international finance and international macroeconomics
- is able to work independently and perform his/her tasks accurately with a detailed and structured approach.
- The duration of the internship is three months
- The start date of the internship is flexible
- German language skills are not required
- A reasonable compensation will be provided
- University of Kiel students have the option of a 3-days-a-week internship in case the internship is completed during an ongoing term
- For students who are new to the city, we will help with finding accommodation and provide information on activities in and around Kiel
The Kiel Institute endeavors to increase the number of female interns employed. The Kiel Institute is committed to give preference to people with disabilities over people without disabilities if they are equally qualified.
Please submit your application online, using your family name as the file name (ID-No.: 02_19_intern_history).
For questions regarding this position please contact
At a glance
three month internship in an international research institute
no German language skills required