The Alliance for Excellent Research.SH was formed in May 2020 as a new association to strengthen Schleswig-Holstein as a science hub and to increase its visibility nationally and internationally. The Alliance comprises 14 universities, non-university research institutions and the University Medical Center Schleswig-Holstein.
The Alliance enables:
- the further development of inter- and transdisciplinary research
- joint career advancement
- the establishment of a dual-career network
- the joint use of research platforms
- closer cooperation on digitisation
- the greater involvement of stakeholders
- the establishment of think tanks for current issues in politics, business and society
The Kiel Institute is member of the Alliance for Excellent Research in Schleswig-Holstein to promote cooperation and networking among first-class research institutions in Northern Germany.