The annual Global Solutions Summit held by the Global Solutions Initiative brings together international research organizations, thought leaders and decision makers from politics, business and civil communities. The summit aims to provide policy recommendations on major G20 issues. The Kiel Institute is Research Coordinator of the Global Solutions Summit.
This year's Global Solutions Summit will be held online. The program addresses all major G20 themes, as well as global policy responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our more than 25 Global Tables feature keynote speeches, panel discussions, vision statements, and Policy Briefs. They provide a platform for debate and convene thoughts from researchers and other stakeholders, aiming at informing international policy-making and improving global problem-solving.
Keynotes and panel discussions are provided by ministers and G20 decision-makers, Nobel Laureates and renowned scholars, leaders of international organizations and high-level business reprentatives. Among the speakers are Germany's Finance Minister Olaf Scholz, Nobel Laureate Professor James Heckman, UNDP Director Achim Steiner or the G20 Sherpas of Germany, Saudi Arabia, Italy and Canada.
With this prolific online program, the Global Solutions Summit continues to serve as a stepping stone towards the G20 Summit later this year, and to support the international researchers network of the T20 engagement group.
Take a seat at our Global Tables, enjoy stimulating keynotes, panel discussions, and vision statements from world-renowned scholars, politicians and business leaders, and join the global discussions by commenting or sending us your ideas. The conference is free for all; please register here.
Kiel Institute speakers will discuss the following questions:
- Gabriel Felbermayr - What can the G20 do to ensure a human-centered trading system that benefits all countries?
- Gianluca Grimalda - What can the G20 do to improve social cohesion and trigger responsibility in business and politics?
- Franziska Schünemann - What can the G20 do to promote a sustainable bioeconomy and stable food systems?
- Dennis Görlich (Moderator) - What can the G20 do to shape a coherent, inclusive and forward-looking educational system?
- Matthias Lücke (Moderator) - What can the G20 do to respond to demographic challenges and shape policies for migrants and refugees?
Additionally there is the Mercator Dialogue on Asylum and Migration (MEDAM) Global Table on Public attitudes to asylum and refugee policies: What are the implications for policy-making?
For more information visit the Global Solutions website.