The Kiel Institute's Business Advisory Board
Experienced Leaders of the Business Community are advising the Kiel Institute
- The Kiel Institute established a Business Advisory Board. It supports the Institute’s President in taking strategic and operational decisions. The members of the advisory board include the Institute’s three honorary senators and distinguished leaders from the business community.
- On the occasion of the board’s first meeting on January 16, 2008 Consul Prof. Dr. Hans Hinrich Driftmann was elected Chairman of the Business Advisory Board. Professor Dennis Snower, Ph.D., was elected Deputy Chairman.
- Members: Bertelsmann Stiftung, BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH, Bundesvereinigung der deutschen Arbeitgeberverbände, Commerzbank AG, Deutsche Bank AG, DIHK, Dräger-Werke AG, E.ON AG, Hertie-Stiftung, Investitionsbank Schleswig-Holstein, Peter Kölln KGaA, Sauer-Danfoss, Axel Springer AG, Veolia, Würth Gruppe, Zuellig-Group and some former leaders from public administration.
Chairman of Business Advisory Board becomes President of DIHK
- On March 26, 2009 Consul Prof. Dr. Hans Hinrich Driftmann was elected President of the DIHK (umbrella organization of German chambers of industry and commerce). Professor Driftmann maintains close ties to the Kiel Institute and has been awarded the title of honorary senator for his contributions. He also is chairman of the Institute’s advisory board which was established in 2008 in order to intensify the dialogue between economists and the business community. The board’s members support with their advice the realignment of the Institute at a time at which the global economy is facing major challenges.
- On March 18, 2009 the second meeting of the advisory board took place. Its members agreed to deepen the cooperation with the business community in the areas of economic policy advice and public relations.
- In addition to Professor Driftmann and Professor Snower the following leaders are members of the advisory board: Martin Blessing (Vorsitzender des Vorstands, Commerzbank AG), Stefan Dräger (Vorsitzender des Vorstands, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA), Dr. John Feldmann (Vorsitzender des Vorstands, Hertie-Stiftung), Robert Friedmann (Sprecher der Konzernführung, Würth-Gruppe), Dr. Reinhard Göhner (Hauptgeschäftsführer, Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverbände), Prof. Dr. Thorsten Grenz (Universität Kiel), Dr. Kurt-Ludwig Gutberlet (Vorsitzender der Geschäftsführung, BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH), Christoph Keese (Konzerngeschäftsführer Public Affairs, Axel Springer AG), Dr. Tessen von Heydebreck (Vorsitzender des Vorstands, Deutsche Bank-Stiftung), Liz Mohn (Stellvertretende Vorsitzende der Bertelsmann-Stiftung), Prof. Dr. Klaus Murmann (Chairman Emeritus, Sauer-Danfoss Inc.), Steffen Naumann (Chief Financial Officer, The Zuellig-Group), Professor Dr. Bernd Rohwer (former Minister), Dr. Johannes Teyssen (Vorsitzender des Vorstands, E.ON AG), Dr. Volker Treier (Chefvolkswirt, DIHK), Angelika Volquartz (former Lord Mayor), Erk Westermann-Lammers (Chairman, Investitionsbank S-H).